Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Life With Leif #1


This week I starting a new series that I'll do from time to time called, Life With Leif. Leif is the type of guy you only meet in college. He's a weird kid but awesome. I think he is a really interesting character. I originally intended on just recreating a conversation that we had once, but he was cracking me up during filming. I decided to start filming him and this is what I got.

After editing this post I realized that it is very simillar to Chris Weagel's "American King" series. When I was shooting I didn't know what I was getting. I didn't intentionally try to bite Chris's style. It's just coincidence. When I do another Life With Leif, I'll try my damnedest to have it more in my style.

5 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Haha, I would shop there.

2:26 AM  
Blogger chris weagel said...

Tape a video comprised of shots of various aspects of Leif's dress, posture, living environmeny, glance, swagger, scowl, smokes, teeth, eyes, hair, shoes, books, shelves, writings, drawings, and so on.

Each of the shots should be silent, with just room tone.

Then tape him telling a story or talking about his life. And overlay that audio onto the shots.

Use Close-Ups and more light.

Chris Weagel
human-dog.com

6:31 AM  
Blogger zach kmiec said...

"Swishers: Fresh as the morning snow." "If you're lucky I'll pick you up in my truck, cause it's blue." (or something) good stuff right there. An interesting continuation of the guy I only know as he appears in my Traditional Japanese Literature in Translation course.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I am loving red verses blue too classic episode

5:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"see these swishers, fresh as the morning snow..." ---just like this video. I don't think it is like Chris's style actually. The beginning feels a bit fictionalized, although it doesn't in any way deteriorate the content or meaningfulness. I think you are as interesting as Leif, and the dynamic between you two is quite entertaining. Good Post Sir.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home